The largest event of its kind!
2010 was a record year for Non-Traded REITs. Fifteen new funds were added, bringing the total to 61 products; an estimated $8.1 billion was raised in new capital, up 25 percent from 2009 levels; and they reached an estimated $71 billion in assets.*
The outlook for 2011 is even brighter with industry experts projecting that Non-Traded REITs could raise as much as $10 billion in 2011.
Right now the Non-Traded REIT industry is at an exciting juncture. As these figures seem to suggest, opportunities abound in this market sector. However, it also faces some very specific challenges. Transparency, covering distributions, lack of liquidity, increased regulatory scrutiny and an ever-increasing mound of product competing for market share to name but a few.
Now in its eighth year, IMN’s New York Non-Traded REIT Industry Symposium – the meeting place for the Non-Traded REIT and Broker/Dealer community in the East – will continue its valued tradition of bringing together the top executives to discuss the leading issues heading the industry’s agenda.
Developed with the support of an industry-led event advisory board, the 2011 program is designed to meet the information needs of established, new and prospective Non-Traded REITs. The Symposium also serves the growing number of Broker/Dealers that sell, or that are considering selling, the product.
For the June 2011 Symposium we are excited to announce the addition of several new sessions as well as expanded content to meet the information needs of the Broker/Dealer and Financial Advisory community.
NEW for the June 2011 agenda:
• Pre-Summit Workshop: An Introduction to the Key Operational Aspects of Running a Non-Traded REIT in the Different Stages of its Lifecycle
• Industry Debate: Best Practice Tools Needed to Increase Transparency & Gain Wider Market Acceptance
• Broker/Dealer Perspective: Key Areas of Focus in Compliance
• Non-Traded REITs as Institutional Investments: The Potential of Untapped Markets
• Seasoned Non-Traded REIT Executive Briefing
• Best Practices in Effectively & Compliantly Marketing & Selling Non-Traded REITs
• Addressing the Challenges of Valuation Transparency for the Various Stakeholders in Non-Traded REIT Products
• Infrastructure Investment: The Next Big Opportunity for Non-Traded REITs?
• CFO Perspective: Forming, Executing & Communicating Distribution/Dividend Policy In The Current Environment
• An Update on Industry Litigation & What to Do if a Case is Brought Against You
• Open Q&A Round Table Discussions